Friday, January 1, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon...


Sometimes we concentrate so much on the small details that we lose the whole picture.

That was brought home to me recently when I took the above photo. I was concentrating so much on the composition of objects (A Blue Moon on Dec 31st 2009 framed by a tall saguaro cactus) that I literally wasn't really seeing the objects in front of me. If I had been present to ALL of it - I would have seen the little owl in the saguaro cactus. But I didn't realize the owl was there until I got home and uploaded the photos I had taken. Now how often do you think ALL the proper elements of this photo could have come together so perfectly without me being aware of it?
Yup - you guessed it!

"Once in a Blue Moon..."



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo, Lorrie! It looks even better here on black.
    And yes, whole vs. details is a subject to ponder about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just one of th emost gorgeous photos i've ever seen. owls and moons, my fave! happy new year, lorrie. -lisa

    ReplyDelete