Monday, April 8, 2013

Coincidence?

There's a saying that there are never any coincidences when it comes to the flute.  But I also think that synchronicity can occur at any time with any one - it's just a matter of being open to the universe and all that it has to offer.


So tonight at work - when a customer came in - and I found out she lived on the same road that my best friend from high school had lived - it was just as much as a surprise to her as it was to me - as I now live 3,000 miles from my childhood home and she was here visiting her family and doing some business as well. My best friend had died from cancer back in 2004 and her husband died just last year. This woman who came into my workplace knew of the couple and while I thought this was pretty amazing - it became even more amazing when I asked what she did for a living and was told she worked for a woodworking magazine - and as luck (providence??) would have it I was looking for info on a certain woodworking tool as I plan to make a few instruments for some friends.  She told me what I needed to know - and I am constantly amazed at how the universe works. So the next time you are somewhere and happen to "run into" a "stranger" - don't be afraid to strike up a conversation - you may find some common ground as well as some long awaited info you were searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment